Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Camping We Will Go



Since having a third child blogging has taken somewhat of a backseat. I've never been really good at blogging, mostly because I don't have the time to sit and write, and to be honest my words always sound better in my head. The second I put them in writing it just sounds like a bunch of gibberish and I'm always having to filter out the swear words. I guess I really don't have to though since it's my blog.Fak it ;)
I got an email from my sister in law who I adore, and who is overseas doing some wonderful journalism work, post graduating from Columbia University. Ya she's a total smarty pants. I realized though it's been tough to get pictures to her since she is on the outskirts of who knows where. So I decided I should probably start keeping an online journal both for the kids and so that she can keep up with us. So here goes. 
Last week we decided to go camping. Well, we didn't decide last week, it took a great deal of planning and a whole lot of crazy to take a 1,2, and 8 year old camping (and the dog). Yep real camping. In a tent. Don't ask me what we were thinking.  I have always loved to camp, and it has provided me with some incredible memories. I wanted that for my boys. We spent three nights in a campground right outside of Lake Arrowhead and we were lucky enough to be about 15 minutes from Lake Gregory which was gorgeous. Camping with the boys was a huge learning experience. It wasn't comfortable or easy, but I'm so glad we did it and I would do it again in a heart beat. I would definitely do some things differently but since it was our first time camping with children I actually don't think we did too badly. To see my boys so happy (well 2 out of 3 happy) was completely worth it. It was tough on the baby because he is so used to sleeping in his own bed, and because he is not quite walking yet but loves the freedom of crawling around, being stuck in the playpen was not at all happy. He cried for four days straight. No joke. Four days. Lucky for me I am immune to crying, sometimes I actually don't hear it. Nick is not. So there you have it. I was proud of us though and I'm looking forward to our next camping trip. 




            


The Boys practicing in the living room before we left


1 comment:

  1. Okay woman....I had no idea you had a blog. I'm so proud of you. I know it's not easy packing up 3 kids to go on a trip. You are such an amazing mother and wife. I know you guys had a blast!

    Love...Gina

    ReplyDelete