Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Routine

Almost every morning he comes into my room, unplugs his iPod, then asks "mom are you awake?". The answer is always yes, especially these days. Much like me he loves a routine. It completely throws him off when things change and there is always a noticeable difference in his attitude if things are "not right". He loves his schedule, loves knowing whats next, and really isn't big on surprises. I don't know if he will grow out of that and honestly it doesn't even matter. If he is happy then I will gladly greet him every morning at 6:30 sharp with "good morning Alex. yes Im awake".



5 comments:

  1. your post are amazing. i look forward to them. real. life. love. memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our son would wake up on a set time. We have to pull the blankets off him and blow raspberries on his tummy. But then again, I guess that's our routine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rad. Everyone thrives on routine, adult and child alike. Its benefits are many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like routine cause his dada doesn't like surprises much either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is beautiful! I'm sure Alex will grow to appreciate this blog when he's old enough. I'd probably cry if I read something like this from my mom.

    ReplyDelete